The Excellentable v18.104.22.168 or v4.2.1 plugin causes the Confluence workbox to throw an error. The exception mentioned in the stack trace is IllegalArgumentException: Malformed \uxxxx encoding.
Expectation - Excellentable should not cause any cascading failures.
An error message appears instead of notifications in Confluence workbox screen, as shown below:
Steps to reproduce the issue
- Install OOTB Confluence 7.4.0
- Install Addon Excellentable v22.214.171.124 or v4.2.1
- Create a page then add the Excellentable macro
- @mention users in the page or any actions that triage the workbox notification
- Click the workbox ( the notifications icon at the top of the page)
The Atlassian Knowledge Base article was created by Atlassian explaining the impact of the issue.
Recommendation & resolution for customers
- Install Excellentable v126.96.36.199, released on , in which Addteq addressed and fixed the workbox issue.